Thursday, December 7, 2006

High School Reunion

My mother emailed me yesterday to tell me I had gotten a postcard informing me of the upcoming 10 yr highschool reunion. For joy. I was expelled from highschool, you bitches, and was refused admittance to the honors program even tho I ended up going to a better university than anyone else (except for the girl who went to Yale and the guy who went to MIT). My family is dirt poor so I definately didn't get into college based on connections. Anyhow, I think the mention of the reunion caused me to have this weird dream last night. I dreamt that i was in a big law school lecture hall and everyone was taking a final, but the test takers weren't law students, they were my high school classmates. I sat down to take a test next to two girls who I had been friends with since elementary school (they ditched me in highschool because I didn't buy into fundamentalism and wasn't in the marching band). When I tried talking with them they were really angry with me about something--I'm not sure what--and didn't want me to talk or sit with them. I walked up the stairs to the back of the lecture hall and was beckoned by a Filipino I had been friendly with, but I ignored him because I was embarrassed about my weight even tho he had always been chubby in highschool and then I tried to avoid everybody else. I also saw a lefty Israeli grad student who had TA'd one of my classes in college, but I didn't feel like talking and ignored him too. I woke up feeling really unhappy. What does it all mean?

No comments: