Wednesday, February 28, 2007

An Update

I've been going to the gym almost every day for the past few weeks. I spend 30-40 minutes doing cardio (I love the elliptical!) and then usually use the muscle machines. Is it too much to expect that I should lose at least a pound?! I weigh myself before every workout and then again afterwards and find that I always lose a pound in sweat, but the next day that pound is back on again. It's infuriating! I am not very fond of my gym; it has ventilation issues and is always muggy. My boyfriend is ready to end his membership because the men's showers haven't had hot water for 2 months. Anyhow, I just wish I would start seeing results.

The job front is still abysmal.

I have a mammogram scheduled for next week. Breast cancer is prevalent on both sides of my family and I thought I felt a lump. It's better to be paranoid even if it leads to charges of hypocondria from my BF (because last month there were flashes in my eyes and I thought my retina was detaching--it's not). I may be a hypocondriac, but I hate doctors and everything medical and haven't been to a doctor in years. Truthfully, I'm terrified of learning the results. Do you know what the real bitch of it is though...it turns out that soy contributes to breast cancer because of its high estrogen content. I've been drinking soy every day because I thought it was healthy and I dislike milk. This means no more toffee nut soy lattes. I am so bummed.

No comments: