Wednesday, February 28, 2007

American Idol Girls Week 2

Girls' 2nd night.

Gina Glockson: sang "Alone." I went back and listened to Carrie Underwood sing it and again there is no comparison. Carrie sang it 10 times better with half the effort and a lot more poise. I still might vote for her.

Alaina: can't put a complete sentence together, the song is boring and her bouncing and knobbly knees are irritating me.

Lakesha: can really sing, but her performance isn't nearly as fun, peppy or memorable as Paris Bennett's performance of the same song. Simon was right on the mark about Lakesha's outfit choice; the miniskirt doesn't do her any good. I wonder who would win if the competition were between Jennifer Hudson, Fantasia, Mandisa, Lakesha and Melinda. That would be awesome!

Melinda: looks sharp, boring song (My Funny Valentine). Has old mannerisms and singing style and looks much older when she is singing. I would not take her for 28. Very lounge lizard tonight. Damn, she can sing tho! Simon loved it. I'm definitely voting for her.

Antonella: cool dress. Why do people sing Celine Dion songs when they are so boring and few can match Celine's powerful voice? I didn't like the performance and I hope she gets voted off this week. She has an attitude problem and definitely proves Simon's point about those with little talent, but big egos.

Jordin: I love her, but this week's song is boring. Strong voice. Good feedback from the judges. I'm voting for her.

Stephanie: why are all of the girls singing slow songs tonight? Awesome earings and beautiful dress. Boring song (a Beyonce song I haven't heard before). I think the song is holding her back. I have to admit that she looks and sings like a pop star. "The dawg is right." :-)

Redhead (what is her name?!): so far, she is singing better than last week. Sadly, she has no grace, always looks very awkward. Is that skat? It sucks. I liked the sound of her voice, but she doesn't know how to put a song together and make it work. Ryan is definitely earning his money.

Who the hell is this girl? I don't remember her from Abel.: Very sexy and looks like a model. Her voice is too weak for a rock song. Very vanilla and not rockin' at all--she's more like a college coed on spring break dancing on a table. I seriously don't remember her. Randy agrees with me. Simon made her cry. I still didn't catch her name.

Sabrina: Very beautiful and looks a little like Gloria Estafan. Great voice, boring song. I don't know if that last note was ok. Tepid feedback from the judges.

Ok it's time to vote and then go to the gym.

No comments: