Thursday, November 23, 2006

The bottomless pit

Today was another day of unstoppable eating. I'm worried because no matter how much I eat, I never feel full. Even if I eat a large meal and can feel my belt straining, I am starving again 30 minutes later. How do I stop this? I've always had this problem, but the calories didn't compound when I was younger because I was more active. My mother used to marvel at how much I could put away. Then again, she is totally satisfied with a few crackers and slices of cheese. Feelings of ravening hunger are unknown to her. Have I ever seen her eat a full meal? Perhaps she eats in secret like my boyfriend. I've always been the heaviest one in my family, even in my skinny days.

The rain doesn't help. The weather is utterly miserable for days at a time and I hate to venture outside, especially since this is my first winter in a cold environment and I don't have the appropriate clothing or shoes. I don't know what passes for winter fashion. I just want to be warm and snuggly.

No comments: